Friday, April 17, 2009

Letter to Byron Hurt

Dear Mr.Byron Hurt,

Im a senior at Tennyson High School in Hayward California,My jounalism teacher showed us your documentary because we are doing one ourselves.I really like the way that you broke down your information so we could understand it better. well at least i did.I really got into two subjects,I realy disagree to the point where they were saying that guys that cry are bitch ass niggas i reallllyyy disagree with that statement.I mean if your mom dies and one of your bestfriends sees you are you a bitch ass nigga??? I really think that their are many different types of reasons when a guy needs to cry.Yea they might not be sensative as like us women but what are they trying to tell us? that women are very weak.So i really disagree to that point. I think everyone has the right to cry when ever and no matter what.
Another point that i thought was really good was, why do men only rap about money,sex,drugs,shooting and etc. Honestly i think people just rap to rap because evryone is rapping about it and they want to get notcied like they are. I also think that people dont really know the real definition of hip-hop.I really didnt enjoy seeing all those girls showing of what they got. Yea of coourse your going to get disrespect and called a "bitches and hoes"if your going to put yourself out their.Like the music videos the only reason why they probably like to come out in one is because they want to become ffamous but seriously is that the way to become famous? by shaking what you got.Plus women afterwards they start talking about how men are this and men are that well dont put yourself out their if you dont want to be called anything.
I feell like you really informed me in many different ways and i agree with you when you said that hip-hop is trapped in a box.To me that means that hip-hop has its own meaning and people think of it in different ways.I enjoyed watching your doc.You did a GREAT JOB!
Sincerly,
Julie Tafolla

No comments:

Post a Comment